Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Roots let off steam moment!

I know everyone comes back on a high after things like roots so just thought I'd join in the chit chat that follows bt as I never get 2 c most of you who read this I'll write a waffling blog to bore you about it!

I've only got sunday to talk about really coz that was the day that Roots began for me coz Saturday kinda just happened I didnt really feel the WOW factor of Roots and was begining to worry I had given up a weeknd of getting work done to wander around Southport spending lots of money... No need to fear coz God came near! (I know I'm weird...!)
So yea Sunday morning no flashing lights from God to say wake up Jude your missing the point of this weeknd. But on Sunday as anyone from romford who went to Roots is aware God stuck pins in our bums and made us jump up and listen to Him. I dunno if I'm hearing the same as other people & to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if I was on my own with this thought but personally I'm sick and tired of the violence in Romford. My friends go out clubbing we go to the pubs & I'm really scared that I'll have a fone call one day telling me it's my friend in the hospital bed. for those of you who dont have children old enough to go clubbing and stuff it mite not mean anything to you that this stuff is happening but I know my friends don't go looking for trouble they go out for a night of dancing to good music. well anyway as I was sitting in the big top I saw how Romford is surronded by churches and if we had 3 people from each church willing to pray for the safety and protection of the clubbers and pub goers of Romford we would have an amazing army of prayer warriors. I know I can't be the opnly one worried about the pure evil going on but I also know I am only one person & me worrying about my mates aint gonna stop the fighting I need God to work amazingly in our town before it gets so bad we dont want our children to grow up.
Sorry I dunno if I've made any sense today but I had to spill it out somehow so this is it....!

Why do I always come back with more questions than I went with to any 'religious' thingy?!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Jude, You may be interested to know that the Police are working with the Churches in Romford and have agreed to support Street Pastors - so very soon a more purposeful Christian presence will be on the streets. Funding of course is always a problem - need to add that to prayers. There is also a venture called The Square Wheel which is specific work amongst the youth culture. They are hoping to start up a youth cafe which will be open all those unsociable hours etc...so keep praying these things take off and funding/human resources are found.

Glad God turned up for you ! Take care. :-)

Jude said...

Thanks Ann that's really cool to know, I was begining to think we Christians were blind to things happening on our doorsteps!

Fiona said...

Hey, really touched by your blog. For ages now, really worried about the "town" we have brought up our children in and the influences that they are under. Not sure if it's heartening to hear you say the same or not!!!???!!! Anyway, totally agree with your comments, Jude.

And Ann - encouraged by work being done in Romford.

And a question from Roots - if God stuck pins in us all on Sunday night, is that why we all leaked!!!!

Ann said...

I hope the leaking continues ;-) We are just called to be watering cans - with God filling us up as we pour out. It is His work at the end of the day too :-)