Sunday, April 29, 2007

Martyrs

The meeting today in sunny Sutton was about acts 6 & 7 about a guy called Simon (know who i mean?) well he was stoned to death coz he told everyone they were stiff necked idiots in so many words....
anyway in the message we were being told that if you put yourself out for someone else & dont worry about how you'll be viewed or treated then you're a martyr. It got me thinkin about all those 'religious' forwarded emails that fly into our inboxes all the time. How many of us only send them onto other Christians because we dont want to offend our friends. I do it 2 which is silly really coz my friends all know I'm a Christian and yet we have these amazing miracle stories which surely we should share with ppl to prove we're not worshipping "sum dead guy that wrote a book" - as my friends though Jesus was....!

Just a thought.....

3 comments:

Jenny said...

hmmm good thinking 'batman' I do it too..usually send them to you actually! Maybe we worry too much about what other people think. Man United fans would send stuff to anyone if they thought it would mean that they scored more goals. Also missing you but that was the last 'blog'!

Ann said...

I know what you mean....I have had enough of the religious emails at the moment and find some of them a bit sickly ! Perhaps I am loosing my touchy feely side :-) Had a funny one about HR depts Heaven and Hell today, will try and remember to send it to your Mum to forward to you.

Plumsauce10 said...

I'm researching into martyrs at the moment coz of this new play I'm writing and it is so amazing to read the stories of the almighty strength and faith they have when faced with death. One quote however I LOVE in one of the books I'm reading is this....

"we may never have to face the choice of whether or not we die for our faith, but we do get to choose how we live by it."

love you jude.