Friday, June 1, 2007

Jude's analogy of the week...

Sorry Becca if I miss quote you here but tonight you said something like "how come builders stand around just looking at the building drinking tea talking about what needs to be done instead of doing it?" (or something along those lines!) well i didn't think you'd want me to start a rant tonight so I've stored it up for this blog so tighten your seat belts I may go into a mad waffle trying to get down all I want to say!

How many times do we stand around and say "if i was prime minister I would do...." I know I do loads but I do realise I'm never gonna rule the country so I also find myself saying "we need to do.... at church" my biggest ... is PRAY as in "we need to pray together at church" it doesn't matter how long I sit and chat to people about how we need to do a, b and c to make our church the best it can be it's not gonna make a blind bit of difference until we get out of our comfortable boxes & just grab change by the horns and go with it.
We as a corps are about to go through an amazing (albeit scary and uncertain) time when we're building-less (we'll not in 1 we can call ours) we need to support each other yes in friendship as we do but absolutely lift up our church (as a people not as a building) in prayer. I know I find it so much easier to pray alongside other Christians and yet when do we get the chance to just sit and pray? why do we not have morning prayer meetings anymore? I know the salvation army is changing with society and culture etc but since when should we stop praying???? Is it just me or does that make no sense what so ever we are living in completely shaken times and yet we dont pray together our strongest weapon against the devil is the fact that God will listen to us when we bother to talk to Him! I'm not suggesting you guys reading this don't pray and we cant pray alone but we all know how amazing it was at Roots when we all came together and felt the power of God. We can get that every week just by coming together in our united grrrrr-ness of wanting God in our lives, community and church.
We don't know exactly what God wants to do in Romford but we know it's something BIG surely we need to be BIG in asking God what we need to do. Sunday's are always a busy day for us but we need to take time out and just talk to the big guy who is the ONLY person who knows what we're gonna go through in the next yr/18mnths, yes God, He is the ONLY person with the answers so let's talk to Him!

I do apologise if this blog only makes sense to one person who feels the same as me but I can't just stand back and say "we should so be praying together no" anymore we need to DO something to see the 'building work' get completed. (sorry my analogy wording isn't my strong point but hopefully you get the idea?!)

I'll shush for now but God is knocking at my head/ heart & i wont just stand back and churn thoughts over to myself! (sorry that means more grrrrr-ness coming your way my fellow bloggers!)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That was quick!

Unknown said...

Jude seriously - well put. You even use the words I use - I completely understand the concept of grr-ness! Sometimes, 'grr' is just the only word(ok, I know its not a word - but what is it then?!) that will suffice!

Jude said...

grrr is a word in my dictionary (which i will get published eventually! watch this space!)

Unknown said...

oh YES Judith!! hitting nail on head there dear! We (the Leadership team and others!) want this to happen so 'let's get together an feel alright'!!

Unknown said...

how weird??! that comment from Denis was not from Denis but from Jenny. So this will probably be from him as well although its not its from me again....just working on his computer....strange mmmmmm?!?!?

Dawn said...

It's crazy isn't it? We all do it! I have always wanted to pray before FOJ and although we 'tried' (sounds silly!) it just slipped away. My plan for when were out of the building, because we'll have FOJ first and not have screaming children running around, is to set up, pray and THEN let the children in. But WE have to make it work.

Jude said...

even better would be pray, set up, let the children in. we need to stop being scared that we need to stick to 'the plan.' God ALWAYS knows what He's doing if He says not 2 bother with something we've planned just scrap it! sorry I'm in a grrrr mood! I'll shush now!

Claire said...

I'll love you, talk stuff like this through with you in the next couple fo weeks, we can sit in Subway again!!!! xxx

Becks said...

lol, jude you didn't misquote me. I think you're so right. you can talk about what you're planning on doing forever and never actually do anything. sometimes you just have to act xxx

Unknown said...

Jude you stay on that soapbox till it happens girl. I'kll be right there with you!

Liz said...

What I think is amamzing and evidence that God is listening to individual prayers, is that each person in our Corps, potentially, is being stirred up in very specific ways. There are those of us who can give a name to our Grrr-ness, who can verbalise what our passion is - yours is prayer, mine is mission and bizzarely, planning, other folks are pash about fellowship, disciplship, ministry and worship, which is cool. I think one of our BIG prayers should be about members of our church who just don't know or for some reason, can't grasp, what is being laid out and seems really obvious to us gobby ones!

GOd is amazing and that He should be stirring us up IS incredible, but at the risk of spoiling the HG material,we shouldn't be surprised, His Plan won't work without the global US - you in your small corner and I in mine.

It shouldn't be difficult to organise a Prayer Meeting should it? It doesn't have to be a big event and only 4 people might come, but it's a start. What's the buzz word? - INTENTIONAL! Get to work Jude :)

Jude said...

I think you've slightly missed the point Clara we need to stop just sitting chatting, we need pins in a bums again & get on with it!

see you soon! xxx