Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back at uni but not feeling like a student! :(

I know I want to be a primary school teacher but I wish I could do that without being at uni sometimes! I've been living bk in my uni house for 3 days now but coz my lectures have finished I'm just at school for four weeks. I feel like im at work and should be all grown up but then I come back here & my housemates have done nothing all day! (dont ask me what I've done today I'll give u a hint - we have one child who's being potty trained..... and another one who has a hate for any 'mess' on his pants...... yes rubber gloves were involved throughout the whole day.....!)
anyone wondering why I don't want to work in a nursery.....!
Anyway! Can't remember what I was gonna say now but there we go it comes to you after 2 days of playing with children my mind has gone to mush but my teacher aint in tomorrow so I've got to be on the ball (gotta cook animal biccies with 4 children as well....!)

What's with all the ....!'s on this blog?! I don't even know what I'm doing so I'll shush!
Hope u'll all ok I'll be back in romford town soon & not have to think about nursery anymore.

(I'll just mention i'm not hating my placement it's just very different to what I'm use to so I'm just a bit out of my depth but it's a lovely nursery with very lovely people!)

miss you all!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I remember my nursery placements. I did two...and hated both of them. The tasks that college set us to do were never realistic in the context of a nursery (making up data yourself is always a good tip!)

I was lucky in one sense that my fellow housemates were all teachers, but that did mean we all had to get up ridiculously early and fight for the bathroom - yes, all 6 of us!

The turning point for me at uni was when I came down to B&D for my fourth year final placement. Here I was, independant, 'working', away from the traumas of the morning bathroom rush etc etc. When I got back, my housemates just didn't make sense anymore. Ok, so they too had been on placement, but somehow, it was just different.

Having lie-ins and watching Fern and Philip is ok for a while, but eventually you realise...there is actually more to life!

Keep going Jude.

Anonymous said...

we miss you too jude!!

Liz said...

Small children are tough, don't diss yourself, it's a learning curve and it's not ALL pooh and wee, it just feels like it is at the moment.

Don;t forget to wash your hands before you make those cookies though!

Yep, we can't wait for you to be home again, ...home again, jiggedy jig.

( I'm just geting into Pre School mindset myself as I'm working at one this morning!)

Graeme said...

"it's not ALL pooh and wee, it just feels like it is at the moment."

Liz, that is one of the best quotes I have EVER heard!!!