Thursday, August 28, 2008

I want my daddy....

This is my second attempt at writing this blog coz I don't want to sound stupid....!

Ok whilst cat sitting I got 3 'presents' from the cats. The first appeared on Thursday evening as I tried to go to sleep, Paul got a phone call of me crying not knowing what to do about it he said to shut my door and deal with a dead mouse in the morning. I did as I was told, fell asleep eventually and covered the 'present' with a piece of newspaper in the morning. I then ran away to stay at my friends house for her wedding. Saturday afternoon Paul came over to get rid of the pressie for me. I then didnt want to stay at the house so after the wedding reception in west london we travelled back to Dagenham to sleep without any presents! Paul then deserted me on sunday to go to see some friends in cardiff and I had to go back to the cats. Thankfully I didnt have another present waiting for me!
Sunday I had a brill time at Sutton but had to go back to feed the cats - again no present woohoo! But.... sunday night as I started tidying up to go to bed Daisy (one of the cats!) ran through the kitchen (where I was) with a 'friend' in her mouth I go into total panic mode because my phone is in the lounge, I'm frozen in the kitchen with a mouse blocking my path! AHHHH! I threw some newspaper through a gap in the door to make Daisy drop it I then stamp on the floor to move Daisy away from the door. I leg it to the lounge, shut the door and wedge a chair against it - yes it was going to stop a mouse coming through....!!
I ring my mum who was with Zoe & dad in Worthing visiting my mum's mum & dad. Well she didn't really know what I was going on about & couldn't hear me over my childish crying. Once she understood there was a mouse 'somewhere' in the house she asked me what I wanted them to do. My answer: I want daddy!
Yes I didn't know what else to do I just knew I couldn't deal with it on my own (and let's face it Paul was miles away in cardiff hardly helpful!)

Don't we all feel like that sometimes when life just is too much or a situation is simply too much to deal with we just need our heavenly daddy to come and sort it out... He doesn't mind me coming to Him with my childish crying time and time again!


- yes dad came killed the 'present' and stayed with me for the night, Monday we went to my grandparents. At the end of the day we came back to the house to collect the rest of my stuff coz there was no way I was gonna stay another night & there in the hallway was my third 'present' sooooo glad I didn't go back on my own as was originally planned! My dad was my hero!!!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Jude, deepest sympathy for your tramatic experience(s).

And yes, Dads are heros!

Unknown said...

100% agree. My Dad is always my rescuer. And Dawn's right. It sounds incredibly traumatic. I would have done the same!!

Claire said...

I am in complete agreement about it being traumatic. I once had a mouse in my room at uni and didn't stay there for the rest of the term and only went back on my own during the day. Mice are definitely evil creatures!

Liz said...

Hey - so, would you ever bby sit again if I told you that we had a bit of a problem last year with furry friends?

You were very brave on Sat, but then Joe was there too and he's pretty heroic too sometimes!

Fiona said...

Any furry friends here and I would have to move!

Jude said...

Yea I'd babysit coz I'd just make lots of noise so they stay out my way it was more of a horrible thingy coz I knew I'd have to sleep in the house on my own with no one there to protect me lol! woohoo for brave daddies! :D

Dawn said...

I have been tagged in which I must write 8 random facts about myself. I tagged your blog so come over and read my 8 random facts and then you get to write 8 random facts about yourself.