Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cat/ house sitting + jelly babies + telly....!

Ok so I've always been uneasy about being at home alone I'd prefer to stay up all night making lots of noise rather than going to bed in a house alone bet for the next 7nights I'm going to be in a house thats not my own with two cats that also are not mine & dont know me....! Today I found my way from this house back to Upminster to pick up clothes for the week ahead, to Rainham to say hi to Paul before finding my way back to here with only one slight hiccup when the train didn't stop at West Ham & I had to stay on till Limehouse just to come back again but there we go!
Anyway that wasn't really why I was going to blog just thought I'd let you know where I am at the mo!
So to my blog...!
Yesterday I was watching the highlights of the Olympics and the conversation came up about how competitions are scored. I asked if the girls preferred watching sports that had a clear winner by whoever ran through the finishing line first or threw the furthest etc. Or the opinionated competitions like gymnastics where its very easy to disagree with the points awarded. (-They agreed with me that I'd prefer to see a clear winner to be fair) But it then got me thinking how God "marks" us. Does He compare us to other people in the same 'race' or does He just wait till we get to the end and say nope you missed the line by 3 random acts of kindness (for example!)
I know I ponder on 'the end' too much and no one has the answers (well except the big guy upstairs...!) but thought I'd say my wondering thoughts of today!

No comments: