Thursday, October 4, 2007

Not sure what to call this 1.....!

Hi!
I've just got in from C.U and we've been talking about 'How to Pray' and 'Why we should pray.' The guy speaking used the A.C.T.S set way to pray which is ok I guess some people do use a set step-by-step prayer thing but I just can't do that! I've noticed as well that whenever I pray in groups I pray with my eyes open and talk with my hands like I'm just tlkin 2 the people I'm praying with... Is that wrong... should I talk differently when I talk to God to when I talk to my friends...?
I know prayer is a very personal thing and everyone prays differently and stuff so what works for one person might not work for someone else but I was very aware today that I don't pray like anyone else in our group of 6 (maybe in a bigger group someone would pray as I do... I dont know!)

Anyway don't know why I just blabbered on really coz what I was gonna waffle about was how irritating it is to be treated like your stupid when you're really not.... Just gonna get this off my chest coz it really annoyed my whole class (of 15...!)
we were in ICT (yes 4 hrs.... AHHH!) anyway our task over the week was to produce a powerpoint slide on a ICT term. Fair enough we all managed this without any trouble but then our tutor went on for like another 15mins talking about the importance of using contrasting colours between your text and background. This wouldn't of been so bad if any of us had used colours that made it hard to read the text but NON OF US HAD! we all know full well you need to be able to read the text so WHY waffle for 15mins telling us something we obviously ALL know!!!! Ah! (sorry to moan it's just irritating!) (and besides I need to beat Glyn now that I'm moving up Kirst's list!!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent. I love clicking on your blog and seeing an updated post!

I think you should talk to God how it makes sense for you to talk to him. I use my hands a lot too. People are often telling me that my body language is so easy to read, and I guess that's true - when I want to emphasize a point, I can't help but use my hands etc. It is natural to me. I sometimes keep my eyes open too. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Jenny said...

Do whatever is comfortable for you...it's more important to pray than worry about 'how it should be done'...just watch out that you don't hit anyone when waving your arms around!!x

Liz said...

I had the amazing priviledge ( sp?) of having Elyse come to me during the response time at the Main Event and asking if I would pray with her....still dewey eyed about that! Anyway, we knelt and I asked her what she wanted to talk to God about and did she want to start? She said that she didn't know how to - I think she was overwhelmed by the bigness of it all and thought it would have to be different to a bed time prayer.So God promted me to say....as I was lost for words at that point...just talk to him like you would talk to any person that you love. She did, it was amazing!

So,just talk to him like you would talk to any person that you love.